I’ve begun coding the mixer and I’m making steady progress towards having it be functional. I made a big change technology-wise. I decided to use Python instead of C++. And Cairo instead of SDL. I figured it’d be a lot quicker this way. And so far, that does seem to be the case. However the implementations I could find for ALSA libraries in Python are, well… lacking. So I decided instead to try using a command line tool, amixer, to do all that junk. It’s not the cleanest solution, but it’s a very simple one. One challenge I have is that the 18i8 is at my practice space and I don’t have Internet over there, so I’m doing the coding without having it available to test on. So far it’s been fine because I’ve had plenty to work on before getting into the ALSA calls. I made a little demo of what I have so far. It’s at about 75% of the planned GUI (notable functionality still missing includes panning and input/playback mixing). Amixer calls are being mocked up with print statements so I can get some idea if the functions are doing the right thing. Seems to be working okay so far, but there’s a fair amount left to do and then of course I gotta fix the bugs that are certainly hiding out in there. Could be weeks.