UPDATE: I made a page that I’ll keep up to date with the latest version as I fix any thing that pops up and/or improve it. 0.001 turned out to be pretty broken!
Here it is in all it’s pea soup colored glory. Let’s call this version 0.001. It’s barely tested and bare bones. Well, I guess the only thing I cut out from the planned design are the “Mono”, “Reset” and sync option buttons. Everything should be self explanatory. Other than maybe the slider on the bottom. Slide to left and you hear less of what’s playing back from your computer, slide to right and you hear less of what’s coming into the interface. Nothing fancy. There is a bit of a volume scaling issue. I actually made it so the sliders don’t go anywhere near the actual minimum value available, because otherwise the useful range of the sliders is tiny. I’m guessing the right thing to do is use some kind of logarithmic scale or something like that. If anyone out there wants to figure that out and submit a patch, go for it. On that note, bug reports, fixes, etc are welcome, post them up here.
Link: <link removed, see note above!>
Instructions: First off, you’ll need to install some requirements. I’m not quite sure the full list, but definitely libcairo, python, python-dev, and libasound-dev. Run the setup command in the README file. Then run focus_mixer.py. That’s it. If you have a Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 connected, it should be detected and work. My plan right now is to use it for a while as is and see if it’s useful/functional. Might improve on it if do end up using it a lot and find things that annoy me. Consider the code up for grabs as far as modification and distribution goes. But don’t try and make any money off it and include a link to http://www.zackfacco.net. Thanks!